Size:25,000 sq ft
Architect: ThirdWay Architecture
Project Manager: Dakota
Quantity Surveyor: Hennessy Godden
Structural Engineers: HRW
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing: EEP
- Full refurbishment of a unique Victorian building within a conservation area
- 4 storey new build extension that sits to the rear of the site
- Exposed roof structure to celebrate original features
- Extension links into existing central staircase pronounced by a roof light and feature lighting.
- A fire engineered solution to remove any need for a second stair.
- Bespoke lift to minimise the new build’s impact on the existing building.
- New façade creates a contemporary contrast to the existing building whilst celebrating the original features of the Victorian building.
- Opaque and translucent panels for temperature control to new floors
- All existing windows repaired and the walls and roofs insulated to limit environmental impact and ensure the existing building met modern standards
- A full suite of bike stores, shower, and changing facilities with direct access from street to promote green travel.
- BREEAM Very Good accreditation